Not a lot of people consider the PS4 as the best platform to play Path of Exile on. Nevertheless, there are quite a lot of exiles that chose the bestselling Sony console as their home. To further improve the playing experience of the PS4 base, Grinding Gear Games has released Patch 3.9.2D. That means hunting for PoE Orbs is going to be a lot smoother than before!
What Issues Have Been Fixed?
The problem with PS4 having different hardware, software, and pretty much everything is that it’s going to have issues that are exclusive to the platform.
Here are some recent problems:
- Unusable corpses are targetable by corpse skills
- Blight encounters cannot be completed
- Client crashing after using a sextant when there are no socketed watch stones
The patch also improves upon a number of things. First of that is Unique Maps are searchable on the Atlas again, making your life as a post-game exile much easier. Also, divination cards that give Shaper-related items have their Shaper background again, and maps influenced by the Shaper and the Elder now have fancy backgrounds.
Certain skills are also getting fixed. For example, the bug where Ignite applied by Explosive Arrow dealing no damage has been fixed, and so is the one where Volatile Dead orbs don’t detonate once the maximum number is reached.
The patch also added a few new features for Conquerors of the Atlas and Metamorph. They’ve now added frames to the map stash, which indicates if it’s under a Conqueror’s influence, as well as more modifiers Awakened Sextants can apply.
The games also added a lot of visual indicators for a wide variety of reasons.
They are for as follows:
- Visual indicator at the Atlas’s centre, showing which Conquerors have already been defeated
- Forwatchstones(especially those socketed in Citadels) so you know whether a sextant is applied or not
- For maps in map stash which will tell you if the Awakening Objective has been completed
- More modifiers that Awakened Sextants can apply
Aside from that, the patch also improved a few features related to these two sets of content. First and foremost would be the maps, which now display Atlas Region by default. By pressing L3, you’ll be able to see the map’s completion, bonus objective completion, and awakening objective completion status.
As for gear, the two rings, Mark of the Shaper and Mark of the Elder will now give you a bonus if the other ring you equip is Shaper or Elder-influenced.
What About the Bugs?
Other than the improvement of features, the patch also fixed quite a handful of bugs related to the content, which are the following:
- Conqueror’s Exalted Orbs ignoring modifiers that prohibit it from rolling Caster Modifiers and Attack Modifiers
- Conqueror encounters spawning in unreachable areas as well as performance issues they and their monsters cause
- A visual bug of the organ collection graphic when killing Metamorphtargets being seen only by the creator of an area.
- Individual map in the influenced region that previously had the current Conqueror’s influence effect having a lower chance to gain the same effect
- Conqueror’s Exalted Orbs ignoring “Cannot roll Caster Modifiers” and “Cannot roll Attack Modifiers” modifiers
- Certain sextants in a watchstone socketed in a citadel giving the same or similar modifier in another watchstone of the same citadel
There are many other bugs related to Conqueror’s and Metamorph that have been addressed, so the PS4 experience for those taking on the endgame is going to be smoother from now on.
GGG has always been known for running Path of Exile smoothly, and they’re not about to stop now. So PS4 players, it’s time to go back and go PoE Currency farming in an Atlas because it’s better than ever!