While Path of Exile: Delirium didn’t exactly make Wraeclast bigger, it definitely put new things in it—effectively changing the game forever. With the challenges it brought forth came fresh builds and ways of getting rich. Read up on what these are so that you can make the most of the league!
Crazy As It Sounds
In the POE Delirium league, exiles will find that there is a mirror of Delirium in every map. If they choose to enter it, the monsters in the area become stronger. It also causes the monsters to drop Simulacrum splinters.
Gather 300 Simulacrum splinters to form a Simulacrum, a map fragment that will open a portal that could lead to any of these six locations: Lunacy’s Watch, The Bridge Enraptured, The Syndrome Encampment, Hysteriagate, or Oriath Delusion. There, you’ll have the opportunity to get great rewards. Currently, the most sought-after are Cluster Jewels, which gives players further passive skill tree customization.
Built For the New Challenge
Aside from the enemies in PoE Delirium league being stronger than the usual ones, there are also loads of them. Unlike Metamorph league that had much focus on single-target boss killing, there’s now a return to dealing with hordes upon hordes of enemies that will Zerg rush you. This means PoE builds whose Rare and PoE Uniques are geared for multiple targets or AoE skills are making a comeback. Then again, it’s not like they ever disappeared in the first place anyway.
There are many POE build types that are specifically geared for the league that players can choose from. Most of them are Duelist ascendancy classes and Hierophants, but there are also from other classes.
More specific suggestions are as follows:
- Cyclone Impale Champion – a spin-to-win melee build that deals good AoE damage on top of its survivability. A must-try for players with this particular class.
- Lacerate Gladiator – another melee build, it’s as versatile as it is tough, as it’s been viable since Patch 3.8. Although it takes much time and requires Bladestorm to level up, it’s pretty much worth it once you switch to the Axe/Shield setup and get Lacerate.
- Storm Brand Hierophant – an unorthodox AoE spellcaster build, it allows players to have some freedom to move and cast other spells while brands do the damage-dealing on their behalf.
- Miner Builds – mechanics for mine skills fine-tuned for the better in Patch 3.9, thus renewing its popularity and viability. And in Path of Exile Delirium, it continues to enjoy the same love and efficiency. Common choices include the Ball Lightning Miner and the Toxic Rain Miner, which are either Saboteur or Trickster.
- SRS Necromancer – last but definitely not least is the SRS Necromancer. While Necromancer builds are ever-popular and universal, this specific build has slightly more focus on offense than the usual balance between offense, defense, and utility.
Literally Insane Farming
Last, but definitely not least, once you have a solid build, Delirium is a great way to farm for POE Currency. They have lowered the chances of you getting killed in one shot by a monster, shortened its life, and increased the drop rate of monsters, especially when it comes to PoE orbs for your POE trade.
For farming sites, old ones like Blood Aqueduct and Harbor Bridge still work like a charm. There are also maps, which is a better way to farm PoE currency. However, they require more creativity and better gear. Maps like Beach and Glacier are the more recommended ones among the many that you can farm in.
There you have it–the Path of Exile mechanics, builds, and farming methods for Delirium. So, what are you waiting for? There’s no better time to start taking on this challenge league than right now!